Women's Tennis Stopped by Springfield, 7-2
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – The Johnson & Wales University women's tennis team valiantly fought Tuesday at Springfield, but couldn't tame the Pride. Springfield prevailed 7-2.
The loss dropped the Wildcats to 3-3 while the Pride won their first match of the season.
Johnson & Wales picked up a point during doubles. The tandem of Drew Bobey and Claire Parry notched an 8-5 win at number two. Parry provided the other point when she defeated Cara Freadman, 6-4, 6-3, at number one singles.
Johnson & Wales is back in conference action when it hosts Albertus Magnus at 3:15 p.m. at Centre Court in Riverside, RI.
Springfield 7, Johnson & Wales 2
1. Claire Parry (JWU) def. Cara Freadman (SC) 6-4, 6-3
2. Melissa Parrish (SC) def. Lauren Torre (JWU) 6-0, 6-3
3. Emily Etter (SC) def. Delaney Macchirole (JWU) 6-2, 6-4
4. Rachel Attlmeyer (SC) def. Kourtney Moore (JWU) 6-1, 6-4
5. Rielly Malz (SC) def. Drew Bobey (JWU) 6-0, 6-1
6. Juliette Piazza (SC) def. Gabriela Velazquez (JWU) 6-3, 7-5
1. Cara Freadman / Melissa Parrish (SC) def. Delaney Macchirole/Kourtney Moore (JWU) 8-4
2. Drew Bobey/Claire Parry (JWU) def. Rachel Attlmeyer/Juliette Piazza (SC) 8-5
3. Emily Etter/ Rielly Malz (SC) def. Lily Votta/Victoria Pizzulo (JWU) 8-3
Johnson & Wales 3-3
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (1,2,3,5,4,6)