Hanover, N.H. - The Johnson & Wales University men's tennis team fell behind in doubles and couldn't close the gap at Colby-Sawyer College. The Chargers defeated the Wildcats 7-2.
Johnson & Wales fell to 9-7 while Colby-Sawyer improved to 7-10.
CSC won the first two doubles matches at number three and number one. The Wildcats were able to edge the Chargers at the number two. Will Lyons and Steven Heizler defeated Matt Burke and Julius Lowman 8-7 (7-5).
The Chargers won five-straight singles matches at number five, one, four, three and six to claim the team victory. Alexander Rohana was able to get the Wildcats another point by defeating Mike White at the number two, 7-5, 6-3.
The Wildcats will take on Rhode Island College on Tuesday in the regular season finale.
1. Alex Wright (CSC) def. Will Lyons (JWU) 6-1, 6-1
2. Alexander Rohana (JWU) def. Mike White (CSC) 7-5, 6-3
3. Julius Lowman (CSC) def. Gianni Rodrigues (JWU) 6-3, 3-6, 6-3
4. Matt Burke (CSC) def. Steven Heizler (JWU) 6-4, 7-5
5. Erik Antonacci (CSC) def. Robert Michalofsky (JWU) 6-0, 6-2
6. Matt Williamson (CSC) def. Brandon Case (JWU) 6-7 (5-7), 6-4, 1-0 (10-7)
1. Julius Lowman/Alex Wright (CSC) def. Gianni Rodrigues/Alexander Rohana (JWU) 8-6
2. Steven Heizler/Will Lyons (JWU) def. Matt Burke/Erik Antonacci (CSC) 8-7 (7-5)
3. Mike White/Matt Williamson (CSC) def. Brandon Case/Robert Michalofsky (JWU) 8-3
Order of Finish: