Bridgewater, Mass.. – The Johnson & Wales University men's tennis won its third match in a row Thursday. The Wildcats defeated Bridgewater State, 5-4.
Bridgewater State won the opening doubles match at the three spot. The Wildcats were able to take the next two matches. Will Lyons and Gianni Rodrigues beat Colin Lamusta and Alexander Velinsky at the two position, 8-2. Alexander Rohana and Franz Fonck defreated Jeff Pavao and William Jones in the number one position 8-5.
The Wildcats went into the singles matches confident, but dropped the first two. Johnson & Wales rallied back in the four and three positions. Steven Heizler defeated Joshua Bean, 6-2, 6-1 and Rodrigues followed by defeating Lumusta, 6-3, 6-0. It all came down to the last two singles match to decide the victor. At the top spot, Lyons defeated Pavao, to clinch the win, 6-4, 6-4.
The Wildcats continue their victory run heading into a conference match on Saturday, when Eastern Nazarene comes to town for a 3:30 pm match.
1. Will Lyons (JWU) def. Jeff Pavao (BSU) 6-4, 6-4
2. William Jones (BSU) def. Alexander Rohana (JWU) 6-2, 6-3
3. Gianni Rodrigues (JWU) def. Colin Lamusta (BSU) 6-3, 6-0
4. Steven Heizler (JWU) def. Joshua Bean (BSU) 6-2, 6-1
5. Kendan DeBlois (BSU) def. Robert Michalofsky (JWU) 6-2, 6-2
6. Alexander Belinsky (BSU) def. Brandon Case (JWU) 6-2, 6-3
1. Alexander Rohana/Franz Fonck (JWU) def. Jeff Pavao/William Jones (BSU) 8-5
2. Will Lyons/Gianni Rodrigues (JWU) def. Colin Lamusta/Alexander Belinsky (BSU) 8-2
3. Joshua Bean/Kendan DeBlois (BSU) def. DiegoEusebio/Joe McGuigan (JWU) 8-1
Order of Finish:
Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (5,6,4,3,2,1)