BOSTON – The Johnson & Wales University men's tennis team stayed undefeated in the GNAC on Saturday. The Wildcats went on the road to beat Suffolk University 8-1.
The Wildcats took all three doubles matches to go into singles competition 3-0. Alexander Rohana and Franz Fonck won 8-4 at number one and that was the winning score at number three for Steven Heizler and Brandon Case. Will Lyons and Gianni Rodrigues completed the sweep with an 8-3 win at number two.
JWU won the first five singles matches to get the team win. Fonck was a 6-2, 6-1 winner at number three over Rami Esrawi. Rohana secured the team triumph by beating Chris Parnagian, 7-6, 3-2, at number two.
The Wildcats travel to Western New England University on Thursday for a 3:30 p.m. match.
Johnson & Wales 8, Suffolk 1
1. Will Lyons (JWUMT) def. Mike DeFelice (SUF) 2-6, 6-4, 6-3
2. Alexander Rohana (JWUMT) def. Chris Parnagian (SUF) 7-6, 6-2
3. Franz Fonck (JWUMT) def. Rami Esrawi (SUF) 6-2, 6-1
4. Gianni Rodrigues (JWUMT) def. Nick Vaillancourt (SUF) 5-7, 6-3, 6-0
5. Steven Heizler (JWUMT) def. Davis Altimonte (SUF) 6-1, 6-1
6. Hasan Esrawi (SUF) def. Robert Michalofsky (JWUMT) 6-4, 2-6, 10-8
1. Alexander Rohana/Franz Fonck (JWUMT) def. Mike DeFelice/Nick Vaillancourt (SUF) 8-4
2. Will Lyons/Gianni Rodrigues (JWUMT) def. Rami Esrawi/Chris Parnagian (SUF) 8-3
3. Steven Heizler/Brandon Case (JWUMT) def. Davis Altimonte/Hasan Esrawi (SUF) 8-4
Johnson & Wales 6-3
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (3,2,4,5,1,6)