WINCHESTER, Mass. – It was tough sledding for the Johnson & Wales University men's tennis team on Sunday. The Wildcats dropped an 8-1 decision at Emerson.
Johnson & Wales dropped to 1-2 while the Lions evened their record at 1-1.
JWU almost salvaged a win in doubles, but Joseph McGuigan and Brandon Case lost 8-5 at number three. The Wildcats' lone win of the day came at number four singles where Franz Fonck won 7-6, 6-3 over Brock Higley.
The Wildcats wrap up the fall season next Sunday at Salve Regina.
Oct. 7, 2018 at Winchester, Mass.
Emerson 8, Johnson & Wales 1
1. Bass Linn (EC) def. Will Lyons (JWU) 6-1, 6-0
2. Maximo Lawler (EC) def. Alexander Rohana (JWU) 6-1, 6-2
3. Dan Okin (EC) def. Steven Heizler (JWU) 6-3, 6-2
4. Franz Fonck (JWU) def. Brock Higley (EC) 7-5, 6-3
5. Bernardo Garza (EC) def. Robert Michalofsky (JWU) 6-0, 6-3
6. Shawn Lee (EC) def. Brandon Case (JWU) 6-3, 6-2
1. Bass Linn/Dan Okin (EC) def. Alexander Rohana/Franz Fonck (JWU) 8-1
2. Maximo Lawler/Brock Higley (EC) def. Will Lyons/Steven Heizler (JWU) 8-3
3. Brandon Garza/Shawn Lee (EC) def. Joseph McGuigan/Brandon Case (JWU) 8-5
Johnson & Wales: 1-2
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (1,2,3,6,5,4)