SALEM, Mass. – Wins were tough to come by on Wednesday for the Johnson & Wales University men's tennis team.
The Vikings improved to 6-3 while Johnson & Wales dropped to 1-4.
JWU nearly came away with a doubles point, but the number one duo of Gianni Rodrigues and Ryan Schiele lost an 8-6 decision. Picking up the lone victory of the day was sophomore Alexander Rohana. He won 6-0, 6-1 at number four singles.
The Wildcats are on the road Thursday to take on Curry at 3:30 p.m.
Salem State 8, Johnson & Wales 1
April 11, 2018 at Salem, Mass.
1. Andrew Muttiah (SSU) def. Ryan Schiele (JWU) 6-2, 6-0
2. Chen Chen (SSU) def. Gianni Rodrigues (JWU) 6-0, 6-2
3. John Didonato (SSU) def. Gunnar Mahoney (JWU) 6-0, 6-1
4. Alexander Rohana (JWU) def. Mitchell Dyer (SSU) 6-0, 6-1
5. Roni Brazile (SSU) def. Jack Hopkins (JWU) 6-0, 6-2
6. Noah Hodgkins (SSU) def. Robert Michalofsky (JWU) 6-1, 0-6, 12-1
1. Andrew Muttiah/John Didonato (SSU) def. Gianni Rodrigues/Ryan Schiele (JWU) 8-6
2. Roni Brazile/Chen Chen (SSU) def. Gunnar Mahoney/Alexander Rohana (JWU) 8-2
3. Mitchell Dyer/Noah Hodgkins (SSU) def. Brandon Case/Jack Hopkins (JWU) 8-3
Johnson & Wales: 1-4
Salem State: 6-3