Beginning August 29, registered JWU students will be able to work out in the Wildcat Center Fitness Room and the Wildcat Center Main Gym. Starting August 31, the Wales Hall Fitness Room and The Rink will also be open during regular operating hours. To comply with Rhode Island regulations, space is limited to 15 students at a time and advanced reservations are required. At this time, fitness centers will not be open to alumni or staff during the fall 2020.
Additionally, students will be required to bring their own water, arrive wearing a mask and maintain 6-foot distancing at all times. There will be no locker room areas provided for changing or storage of items. The staff will not be responsible for monitoring any items brought into these areas, or any items that are lost or stolen.
Students will check in at the front desk for clearance using their JWU ID and the COVID Screening Questionnaire found on the JWU Mobile App and then proceed to their destination. In order to keep the facility sanitized, workout times will be limited to 45 minutes and individuals will be required to wipe down/disinfect all touched surfaces and equipment after each use. Staff members will remind exercisers when they have five minutes left in their workout.
The main gym will be open for shooting at basketball hoops only, with a one person limit to each basket. Delaney Gym and the multipurpose rooms will be available for pre-determined programming only.
New JWU students are required to complete a Fitness Center User Agreement prior to entering a JWU fitness facility for the first time.
- Complete the COVID Screening Questionnaire found on the JWU Mobile App.
- Present JWU ID and green check mark to enter the facility.
- Facemasks must be worn while in the fitness center. Masks may be removed when exercising on a cardiovascular machine, or performing a set.
- Facemask must be worn once completing a set or on cardio machine.
- When spotting another individual both patrons must wear their masks and use hand sanitizer after the set is complete.
- Wipe down/disinfect all touched surfaces and equipment after each use.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance of others at all times—unless spotting someone.
- New students complete the Fitness Center User Agreement and bring with you.