JWU Mens Tennis Drops 8-1 Decision Against Curry
Milton, Mass. – The Johnson & Wales men's
tennis team dropped an 8-1 non-conference contest against Curry on
the road on Monday afternoon.
Freshman Tucker Plimpton (Exeter, N.H.) picked up the lone win for Johnson & Wales, posting a 6-0, 6-3 victory at No. 2 singles.
With the loss Johnson & Wales falls to 2-6 while Curry improves to 6-6 on the season. The Wildcats will return to action on Tuesday, April 13th when they host UMass Boston for a non-conference contest at 4:30 p.m.
1. Gregory Kirschner (CC) def. Devin Kitterick (JWU) 6-2, 6-2
2. Tucker Plimpton (JWU) def. Charlie Edlund (CC) 6-0, 6-3
3. Brian Leahy (CC) def. John Horton (JWU) 6-0, 6-1
4. Tyler Dulmage (CC) def. Drew Pontillo (JWU) 6-2, 6-0
5. J.D. Moyer (CC) def. John Sepowitz (JWU) 6-0, 6-1
6. Ben Radzicki (CC) def. Todd Zimmerman (JWU) 6-0, 6-2
1. Brian Leahy/Gregory Kirschner (CC) def. Devin Kitterick/Tucker Plimpton (JWU) 9-7
2. Ben Radzicki/Charlie Edlund (CC) def. John Horton/John Sepowitz (JWU) 8-4
3. Tyler Dulmage/J.D. Moyer (CC) def. Todd Zimmerman/Taylor Horn-Speck (JWU) 8-4