The Johnson & Wales University Athletic Department will begin the 2015-2016 academic year with a new marketing campaign that will set the tone for the year ahead. Director of Athletics on the Providence Campus, Jamie Marcoux, is asking all Wildcats to come and “Be Part of Something Big Now”.
“The growth within our department has been tremendous over the past three years,” says Marcoux, “and we want to continue this growth by reaching out to the JWU community, both in the stands and at home. Whether our teams are in the lead or mounting a comeback, the Wildcat faithful will always be the ones that can help give that extra push. We want to recognize them more than ever this coming year.”
Athletics wants fans to be difference makers by coming to the events and cheering loud and proud for the Wildcats through good times and bad. Throughout each season, athletics staff members will be on the prowl for the biggest fans in the stands that are ready to “Be Part of Something Big Now” and will have some incentives to handout to those individuals or groups.
“We have some free giveaways lined up for special fans that are ready to #beBIGnow,” Marcoux mentions, wearing her JWU colors with pride. “The challenge to #beBIGnow is to everyone on campus. Certainly, we want fans to be BIG at our events; to be difference makers and cheer on the Wildcats, win or lose, but to be respectful and mindful of those around you while continuing to have fun and bringing the excitement to each and every game, match or event.”
Other big happenings in Athletics:
- Live Broadcasts: Our live video stream has moved to a new location with Stretch Internet. The integration of live stats and live video in one place is a big step forward that we hope our fans watching around the country and the world will appreciate.
- Snapchat: Athletics is now on Snapchat so be sure to add JWUathleticsPVD. The goal is to improve your inside look into athletics and our teams while hoping that long term, we will be able to build Snap Stories with photos from you, the fans, at all of our home games.
- Facebook Live: Whether it's on your phone, computer or tablet, you can get postgame insight from Johnson & Wales coaches and student-athletes. Following every home victory, we'll go live with the stars of the game. Log onto Facebook after each home win or follow our Twitter feed to see when we're going live next.
- Press Releases: In an attempt to disseminate information faster and more efficiently, we will approach a new press release structure at the beginning of the season that will be more fan friendly. Game information, Highlights, Turning Points, Extra Info will all be topics that we touch upon in a structured, quick-hit informational way.
- New Hashtag: While we will continue to utilize #JWUCats as our official hashtag, fans now have the opportunity to #beBIGnow at our BIG games. Athletics has selected a handful of games that are considered BIG GAMES where we will need the support of Wildcats everywhere. See the FULL list below!
- Locker Rooms: The locker rooms have switched. The men’s and women’s team lockers are now the two end locker rooms in the Wildcat Center. The recreational locker rooms for general student use are in the middle of the hallway on the left side. Locks are available from the facilities staff at the main desk so PLEASE utilize this to maintain as much safety of your belongings as possible.